Co-Creating Regulated Spaces in Your Home with Feng Shui
Friday, April 14th 5:30pm-7:30pm
with Cynthia Young
I am pleased to present this workshop in collaboration with Live Well Training Center
Our very first relationship is with our environment. It is a base for our ongoing wellness or dis-ease. Our bodies process and perceive our environment even before our minds cognitively know we are in it. This process and impact on the nervous system follows through to our adulthood; when our body’s signals are stuck in the past our environments can contain obstacles that stand in the way of our manifesting or fulfilling our intentions. This often shows up in our living environment. Feng Shui helps heal the “past-focused” biology by reconnecting us to a deep relationship with our space.
Feng Shui helps regulate the nervous system by teaching us to be present with the natural rhythm of our space and its energy. Feng Shui allows us to intuitively decide what feels supportive in our space by reconnecting with the energy in each area of the home.
During our evening, we will view the living environment through a trauma-informed lens to understand what happens somatically when you enter a room. Working with Feng Shui you will learn how to balance Yin and Yang energy in your space and identify enhancements that support each area of your home. The workshop is open to everyone and will benefit home- owners, apartment residents and those who feel dysregulated or overwelmed and want to make their space more supportive.
This presentation is conducted in a safe, non-judgmental space and will feature:
- How Feng Shui helps with healing: Balance and harmonizing to assist your nervous system regulation
- Why manifesting or reaching intentions is difficult for trauma survivors and how the 5 elements relate to the nervous system
- Basic somatic understanding of the body when it is in a space/home
- Strategies for reducing visual clutter/stimuli that reduce cognition; titration based obstacle clearing
- How to begin when you feel overwhelmed